Different, but same same
SOME may say it's downright wrong to change your blog name once it's up and running - untrue to your roots, that kind of crap.But this blog is a work in progress, so to those politically correct bloggers I say too bad.
Wes created our blog for a bit of fun - a place to post photos, so as to avoid ginormous group emails back home from Korea.
I was feeling less than enthusiastic about writing so I ignored it for a little while - it sat there for a few days like a stale apple nobody wants to remove from the fruit bowl. Wes prodded around a bit. I started thinking to myself, "What's this blog business. It's such a harsh word that sounds like bog".
So I started digging about, delving into the blogosphere, and uncovered some real gems - food blogs which are like your personal Gourmet Traveller, but updated weekly, maybe even daily! What joy I had found. No longer did I have to wait around for the food section in the Sydney Morning Herald, or The Age, to update its website with stories.
two dumplings, and its accompanying facelift, marks four months until we embark on one year (ish) of travel in Asia, starting from our arrival in Beijing, China, on September 12.
We have already started planning our victory night out in Beijing, which I imagine will involve sampling many-a dumpling and getting excited over all of the glorious street food there is to be had.
So two dumplings it is: one year, good food, good travel and the bits in between. Let's continue from here and see where we head.
Edit: Wes and I would both like to point out that we are not, in fact, two dumplings. Rather, the Asian diet is agreeing with us tremendously.
Also, that the title of this post is inspired by the most hurrendous Korean habit of saying, "Same same" when two things are the same, instead of constructing the sentence properly. Bloody awful.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home