Top three photos

IF I was to have a mini election for Best Photo snapped over Mo and R's recent ten-day visit, these pix would get four out of four votes, coming in at first, second and third place consecutively.
Number one is captured on our fantastic new Nikon D70 at Gyeongbokgung Palace in Seoul by Rachelle. And no, it's not a set-up - this is Mo catching a micro kip against the comfort of a tree trunk. I think it captures the essence of exhaustion made even more amusing by its juxtaposition with a typical tourist pose - us looking totally oblivious (and that is true, otherwise I would have been cacking myself).
Number two is of a cranky ajumma (older married Korean woman - a generic respectful term used often) at Namdaemun Markets, also snapped by Rachelle on her very handy Canon digital.
The markets are very touristy so most stallholders don't even flinch when they see a camera, but this Korean granny was having none of it. She promptly reached for her brolly and attempted to poke R's eyes out - no photo of beans and greens is worth that, I say.
It was actually a bit frightening at the time, but we got the last laugh in the form of this excellent photo. I like to call it, quite simply, Cranky Ajumma.

Number three was taken at the top of our nearby mountain, which we walked almost every day during Mo and R's visit. On the way down is an exercise area, which is always packed with middle-aged to elderly Koreans, mainly doing flexibility exercises. There's also two badminton courts and some weights, plus enormous hoola-hoops. Anyway, this anonymous hiker held her feet-over-the-head position for at least as long as we were there, which must have been about ten minutes. It was most unflattering but highly amusing.



1 Comments:
Hey Dude
What happened to copyright? I'm glad you acknowledged my handywork however.
Going well. Call me on Saturday or Saturday afternoon?
Ciao
Love R.
Post a Comment
<< Home